Schumacher: 2011 Mercedes could be a winning package

Michael Schumacher is now hopeful that the Mercedes W02 can be the car that takes him back to the top of the Formula 1 podium after the team's late surge at the end of winter testing.

Mercedes had been enduring a tough pre-season until its full 2011 package was introduced for the final two days and domed it to the front.

That has left Schumacher feeling confident that he can at least get back on the podium in 2011 - and maybe add to his record tally of 91 victories.

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.com/
"My feeling is a good one," he said.

"The team has been functioning very hard over the winter to shape our car in all of the areas which had been recognized by us as needing improvement.

"The data I have seen over the winter had been quite hopeful, but then we all know that the realities of data and the race track can be quite different.

"As a driver, you clearly hope for a good step forward and I think this is what we have achieved.

"I am confident that we can fight for podium finishes, and I am hopeful we can fight for victories at some of the races.

"Saying that, we will only see the truth once the season gets underway, so I can barely wait to go to Melbourne to lastly see what the real picture is."

The German myth added that he felt far more at home back in F1 with a year of his comeback under his belt.

"This year feels very different certainly," he said.

"Last year everything was new again; the difficult situation, the car, the team, the structures.

"It was very thrilling but it was still something you had to find your way through.

"Now, one year later, I know much better which areas to work in.

"I am much more recognizable with the team and we have a great group of very skilled and devoted people.

"I enjoy what I do, I enjoy working with Mercedes, and I have never regretted my choice to return."


No comments:

Post a Comment